Who we are
Drawing from our 40 years’ experience in international development, we are committed to ensuring that all our services are based on evidence and best practice, and adapted to local circumstances.
We believe in inclusiveness, and strive to ensure that the voices of the most marginalised individuals and groups in society are heard. Steadfast in the belief that all stakeholders should be included in decision-making, a participatory approach to development underpins all of our projects. This is not only the backbone of sustainable change but is also key to building resilience to meet environmental, social and economic challenges.
- To be recognised as a leading European development partner inspiring policy and practice towards future sustainable societies
- To provide evidence-based expertise through lasting partnerships in international development cooperation, for inclusive, participatory and sustainable change
- We are client-focused and cost-efficient.
- We consistently deliver high-quality outputs that change lives.
- We are committed to inclusive, sustainable development.
- We cultivate progressive partnerships and apply evidence-based learning.
- We encourage innovation and creativity in our staff and our partnerships.
FCG Sweden is the trading name of FCG Swedish Development AB, which forms part of the Finnish Consulting Group’s global network, with subsidiaries in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. FCG Sweden is the result of the merger of the international consulting division of FCG SIPU International AB (SIPU) and ORGUT Consulting AB (ORGUT) in 2016. Together, we represent more than 40 years of Swedish expertise in international development.
SIPU brings extensive experience in capacity building and institutional development in transitional and developing countries, as a leading consultant in the area of public service development.
ORGUT brings core competences on issues that include pro-poor market development and inclusive growth, skills development and employment, agriculture, forestry, climate change adaptation and mitigation, sustainable land administration and water sector development.
Combining SIPU and ORGUT’s experience with that of the wider FCG Group gives our clients and partners access to a broad area of expertise and best practices from a wide range of sectors and countries. As a private company, we have the independence to embrace innovative methods and are able to quickly apply the latest knowledge and tools. The competition with other service providers keeps us sharply focused on the goal of creating the most value for the least resources.