The Helpdesk is designed to assist Sida and Swedish Missions Abroad and covers a broad range of subject areas, including:
- Local Democracy and Decentralisation,
- Political Institutions, Political Participation and a Pluralist Civil Society,
- State-building and Public Institutions and Administration,
- Public Financial Management,
- Human Rights Systems, Human Rights Defenders and Rule of Law,
- Equal Rights and Non-Discrimination,
- Freedom of Expression and Access to Information Online and Offline
- Human Rights Based Approach.
It is envisaged that the helpdesk will be most useful for formulating, implementing, monitoring/following up, reviewing and reporting on country, regional, global and thematic strategies or on strategy portfolios or specific projects and programmes.
Tasks can be carried out as desk studies or as field assignments, depending on the requested service. Types of support include, but are not limited to, the following:
- writing reports of various types (stakeholder mappings, portfolio reviews, summaries of results etc);
- participating as experts in seminars, workshops, discussions etc;
- facilitating seminars, workshops, discussions etc;
- participating as experts in short-term missions;
- providing written or oral comments on appraisals, assessments, reviews, analyses etc;
- providing advice, training or guidance to Sida and the Swedish Missions Abroad in the sub-areas covered by this assignment;
- developing methodological guidance, including adaptive and flexible ways of working;
- providing support and advice to Sida’s co-operation partners on how to integrate and strengthen aspects of democratic governance and human rights in programmes and projects.
Please note that helpdesk assignments, in addition to English, can also be carried out in multiple languages, including French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese and Swedish.