Framework Agreement for Sida Reviews, Evaluations and Advisory Services on Results Framework
The ORGUT Consortium provided Sida and Swedish Embassies with high quality consulting services within the Framework Agreement such as focused evaluations and reviews, feasibility studies, inputs to Terms of References and concept papers, facilitation of workshops and seminars as well as provision of advisory services concerning results frameworks of Sida financed projects and programmes. The Framework Agreement was at the disposal of all Sida departments and teams as well as Swedish Embassies wanting to acquire services within the scope of the Framework Agreement and call off ORGUT to implement various assignments up to a value of 1,2 MSEK. The assignments ranged from one expert short-term advisory services to complex and comprehensive long-term reviews and evaluation assignments carried out by a team composed of experts of different competences and nationalities. ORGUT managed the call offs in a highly effective and timely manner, still assuring high quality of outputs.
Within the Framework Agreement for Sida Reviews, Evaluations and Advisory Services on Results Framework ORGUT provided services including:
• Managing and undertaking utilisation focused evaluations and reviews of various kinds.
• Managing and undertaking feasibility studies, pre-studies and concept papers as input to the design of evaluations and reviews.
• Providing advice and input to Terms of References and the design of evaluations and reviews, including methodology.
• Conducting and facilitating participatory processes, workshops and seminars as part of the evaluation and review process.
• Searching, sampling and analysing information in Sida databases.
• Analysing documents such as government bills, policies, strategies etc.
• Proof reading and preparing reports for publication.
• Providing advisory services concerning results frameworks of Sida financed projects and programmes.
The evaluations, reviews and advisory services carried could relate to any of Sida’s policy and thematic areas of work, including: Development Coherence (International Cooperation/Development Analysis); Empowerment (Democracy and Public Administration/Human Rights and Political Participation/Gender Equality); Economic Opportunities (Market Development/Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security); Human Development (Health and Social Security/Knowledge, ICT and Education); Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Services; Human Security; and Research Cooperation.
During the contract period, the ORGUT Consortium provided Sida and Swedish Embassies with services in various areas including reviewing the progress and development of Sida financed projects and programmes in Europe and Latin America such as Kvinna till Kvinna in Georgia and the BABA CARAPA Community Forestry Programme in Bolivia. Other services included supporting the Regional Environmental Centre in Albania in the process of finalising a Results Assessment Framework and carrying out a pre study for strategic evaluation of Sida’s market portfolio.