Framework Agreement on Gender Equality (second phase)
ORGUT together with the Nordic Consulting Group Sweden provides Sida, Swedish Embassies and sections for development cooperation (UM) with high quality consulting services within the Framework Agreement covering the following thematic areas: women’s political participation, women’s economic empowerment (WEE), men and boys and women and security including gender based violence (GBV). The framework is used for short- and long term consulting services where the overall objective of the assignment is gender equality such as targeted interventions, analysis where gender is the main aspect to be analysed, integration of gender into development methods; as well as where gender equality is to be integrated into sector specific interventions.
The Swedish government highlights in the gender policy framework that a gender perspective shall be mainstreamed throughout the cooperation.
Furthermore, Swedish aid must work to strengthen:
• Women’s political participation and influence
• Women’s economic empowerment and working conditions
• Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
• Women’s security including gender based violence and trafficking in human beings
Within the Framework Agreement on Gender Equality ORGUT and NCG provide services including:
• Country/context analysis and other input in results strategy processes, including operationalization, contribution management processes, including feasibility studies and appraisals
• Country/ context analysis for input to humanitarian country/ needs assessments
• Support and advice to partners and/or Sida when developing programmes and projects and during implementation of programmes including quality assurance
• Support, advice to and coaching of Sida in global, regional and country level advocacy efforts, dialogue and negotiations
• Portfolio reviews, desk studies, production of method support documents
• Capacity development, including training such as short courses, development of training material, organising seminars and other
• Studies and analytical reports, thematic background documents, discussion papers, academic studies and overviews
• Short and long term method support, including strengthening of Results Based Management in programme and strategy development,
• Assessments e.g. outcome assessments
• Coaching of individual Sida staff on how to improve efforts on gender equality e.g. shorter input and strategic advice to persons in management positions.
• Advice on the use of indicators for monitoring and follow-up of projects, programmes and policy goal formulations
• Help Desk services (by department), e.g. for short term, timely and flexible services (max.10 days), including assignments mentioned above
ORGUT manages the call offs in a highly effective and timely manner, still assuring high quality of outputs.