The overall objective of the consultancy, carried out within the framework of the ‘Kenya Water and Sanitation Programme’, was to assist the RWSS sub-sector review team to:
- Review performance of the sector institutions and the impact (target groups, environment, etc.) in the sub-sector.
- Review specific targets and outputs as agreed upon in annual Work Plan of the on-going programs in the sub-sector.
- Assess policy guidance (ownership), budget allocations and realization of sector principles in the implementation of sector policy and strategies.
- Identify key sector and sub-sector developmental challenges and make recommendations on the way forward.
- Identify and assess progress and challenges in the sub-sector linked to donor harmonization.
- Assess both long and short term TA requirement in the sub-sector in future and give recommendations.