Training Course for PWA Managers on how to Conduct Effective and Efficient Meetings
- Facilitate the implementation by PWA of the Sector Reform processes.
- Update water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies towards more effective infrastructure development, improved service provision, and sustainable resource management.
- Develop PWA’s capacity for implementation of water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies, action plans and programs.
- Expanded task teams to include the main stakeholders (inner circle) and;
- A group of other stakeholders are to participate in seminars and workshops to discuss draft outputs (outer circle).
The development of policies and strategies for water resources, water supply and wastewater is considered as one of the main outputs of the project. The draft policies and strategies were produced by July 2012. As per the TPAT Terms of Reference, these documents were prepared considering two different scenarios based on: (1) status quo and (2) significant improved relations between the Israelis and Palestinians. The objective of the assignment was to assist PWA and other stakeholders to produce a draft water resources management policy and a draft water resources management strategy for Palestine, which is agreeable to the PWA.
This training course on effective and efficient meetings was the first main classroom training activity organised within the framework of the TPAT project. The objectives of the training were:
- To understand and apply the techniques required for running effective and efficient meetings (e.g. starting meetings, time management, manage participation, handling conflicts/problems, close/evaluate meetings);
- To understand and apply different types of meetings and preparing for meetings (e.g. main objective, set agenda, select participants), different roles required during meetings, and meeting follow-up (e.g. minutes format, listing of actions/decisions, distribution of minutes).
Expected and achieved outputs after the training course:
All participants should be able to:
- Plan, start, facilitate, conclude, and follow up the meetings (including chair and organise meetings).
- Set and develop an effective agenda.
- Determine the participants of the meetings.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the meetings.
- Participate effectively in meetings.
- Follow up the meetings.