Team Leader for the Swedish-Norwegian Fund for Support to Colombian Civil Society (FOS)
FCG Sweden (formerly ORGUT Consulting) is since 2014 responsible for the administration of the Swedish-Norwegian Fund for Support to Colombian Civil Society (FOS), financed by Sida and NORAD.
The Fund is supporting the thematic areas of peace and security; human rights with focus on victims and human rights defenders; democratic governance and environmental matters in the context of the implementation of peace. Gender equality and conflict sensitivity are cross-cutting issues that are taken into account in all thematic areas.
The day-to-day management of FOS is handled by FCG Sweden’s five-person team in Bogotá, backed up by our main office in Stockholm. Tasks include the following:
· Regularly announce calls for proposals inviting Colombian CSOs to present proposals for projects in line with the objectives of the Fund and Strategic Directions issued by the Governing Board (GB), constituted of the Swedish and Norwegian Embassies.
· Evaluate the proposals and present the highest ranked proposals to the GB for their final decision on support.
· Prepare and enter into agreements with the CSOs whose projects have been approved by the GB.
· Monitor the implementation of the agreements of the approved projects/organisations; analyse yearly plans and narrative/financial reports, make field visits for monitoring etc.
· Plan and execute capacity building of the counterparts
· Report to the Governing Board
Our present Team Leader has decided to move on, after four years of successful leading the FOS Secretariat, and we are now searching for his replacement to lead this important assignment in a very interesting and decisive time in Colombia. In addition to leading the FOS team, we foresee that the person will represent FCG Sweden in Colombia. The planned starting date is January 2018 and end date 31 March 2020 (with a possibility for extension, if FCG Sweden’s contract with Sida is extended).
· Academic exam, minimum bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum eight years work experience
· Very good knowledge of spoken and written Spanish and English
· At least one previously performed similar project, performed and concluded within the past three years.
· Experience from similar assignments including administration of development cooperation funds
· Management experience
· Knowledge of the political and social development in Colombia
· Experience from work related to civil society organizations
· Experience from work related to the thematic areas and crosscutting issues of the Fund
If you are interested and qualified, please send your updated CV in English to email@example.com, clearly showing that you meet the requirements listed above. Please put “FOS Colombia” in the subject line.
More information about FCG Sweden can be found on www.fcgsweden.se and about FOS on www.foscol.co.