Team Leader - TA support to Natural Resource Management in Zimbabwe
The Team Leader’s role is crucial in coordinating and focusing the efforts of everyone involved in the project, including several stakeholders from government ministries, civil society, and both public and private sector including the technical assistance team. In order to fulfil the role as Team Leader you should have extensive knowledge and experience of managing all aspects of a project from inception to closure. The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Achievement of the contracts objectives, results and its timely implementation,
- Giving high-level policy and regulatory reform advice,
- Efficient coordination of project activities reviewing proposals and making recommendations, working with the ministries and agencies during formulation of activities and implementation of approved activities,
- Administrative management of the TA team,
- Recruiting and supervising non key experts including drafting of ToR,
- Reporting on progress in the project’s implementation including financial aspects.
Full-time: 45 Months
General professional experience
- At least 12 years experience in the sector relevant to the profile.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years in organisational change, change management, institutional reform and capacity building,
- Experience in providing high level policy advice to government’s on institutional and policy reform,
- A minimum of 5 years experience in international development cooperation,
- Experience in Southern/sub-Saharan Africa is an asset,
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project/ programme management,
- Experience as Team Leader/Project Manager,
- Experience with European Union Procurement and Contract Management Procedures.
Qualifications and skills
- Education: Master Degree in Development Studies, Public Administration, Planning, Economics, Political Science, Social Science or other areas relevant to the assignment,
- Excellent soft skills: facilitation, leadership, communication, team building, coordination,
- Knowledge of IT tools: incl. MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point,
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English.
How to apply
Please send your application including CV to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with subject title "TA NRM Zimbabwe".