Team Leader/Senior expert for the Renewable Natural Resources (RNR) sector / Bhutan
FCG Sweden is preparing a tender for a EU project in the Renewable Natural Resources (incl. Climate Change) and Local Governments and Decentralisation sectors in Bhutan. The project will support sound implementation of ongoing EU budget support programmes in these sectors by providing technical assistance, conducting capacity building actions, facilitation dialogue, undertaking studies and organising trainings and workshops.
We are now searching for candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in the field of rural development, agriculture, environmental or agricultural economics, agricultural development or any similar field or the equivalent of ten (10) years of experience in the field of rural development and/or climate change (RNR) for a Bachelor's degree holder;
- Coordination and communication skills to link both technical and conceptual aspects relevant to the RNR sector as evidenced by 3 previous assignments;
- Excellent skills in drafting reports and/or Studies as evidenced by 5 previous assignments requiring such deliverables;
- Excellent English expression both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of Dzongkha language is an asset.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in collaboration with government ministries in developing countries;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in capacity building project management (technical assistance and training) including planning, budgeting and progress monitoring;
- Team Leader in at least 3 development projects related to development effectiveness and size as that of the current tender (i.e. ≥ €2.1M).
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the field of RNR sector reform;
- The key expert has worked in at least one RNR policy analysis including institutional assessment as well as performance indicators and measurement;
- The key expert has experience on cross-cutting issues such as civil society, gender and climate change, statistical evidence as demonstrated by at least 2 technical assistance projects in one of the cross-cutting areas listed;
- Proven knowledge of EU project management procedures by the participation in at least 1 EU project.
- Professional experience in South Asia would be an advantage;
- Professional experience in Bhutan and familiarity with the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests and/or any other ministry of RGoB would be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to sign up and register their CVs in our database (see Sign-Up in the grey box to the left). You may also submit your CV (in English) to email@example.com.
Please subject your email 'TL/SE RNR sector - NAME'.
More information about FCG Sweden can be found on www.fcgsweden.se