Mid-level Technical Expert (MTE)
Finnish Consulting Group Kenya Ltd
Draft Job Description of Mid-level Technical Expert (MTE)
Finnish Consulting Group Kenya Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as FCG Kenya) is part of the Finish Consulting Group, with subsidiaries in Finland, Sweden, New Zealand, Singapore, Bulgaria and Germany. It was established in February 2009 and since its establishment has competed for and undertaken many international and Kenyan based assignments. FCG Kenya provides services in water, water resources, water services, natural resource management, climate change adaptation and mitigation together with institutional capacity building in systems development, monitoring and evaluation.
The key role of the MTE is to maintain and support the systems through which the company wins, implements and supports teams to implement projects.
2 Purpose of the appointment
FCG Kenya wishes to appoint an MTE with the necessary experience and skills to manage projects, provide consultancy inputs and facilitate an increased capacity to respond to an increasing scope of market opportunities both nationally (within Kenya) and regionally.
The MTE is responsible to support the General Manager in:
- Managing ongoing contracts and the new contracts to be won. This will involve but not limited to; supporting project experts to successfully implement projects, project budget administration, facilitating reporting to clients and quality assurance
- Provision of individual consultancy inputs in the MTE’s area of expertise for invoiced work to FCG Kenya’s clients.
- Preparation of EOI’s and tenders for international submission to key clients including the World Bank, Danida, MFA Finland, Sida, KfW, EU and AfDB
- Support the recruitment and selection of consultants in respect to the provision of multi-facetted teams of experts to undertake both short and long term assignments
- Maintaining information data-bases in relation to clients, business opportunities, EOIs, tenders etc.
The MTE should have/be:
· M.Sc in relevant subject (Natural resource management, Agricultural Science, Environment, Land Management, Engineering, Economics, Education or other relevant subject – linked to FCG Kenya’s priority market areas.
· A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience demonstrating a proven track record in timeliness, efficiency, dedication and effort. For Bachelor’s Degree holders a minimum of 12years will be required
· Computer literate in use of Microsoft Word/Excess
· Be a Kenyan citizen and residing in Kenya
It would be advantageous if the MTE:
· Has experience with the use of Power Point and publishing software.
· Is familiar with basic accounting
· Is familiar with administrative management systems
· Has exposure to and/or appreciation of the workings of key FCG Kenya’s clients such as Danida, Sida, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and the EU.
· Has familiarity with EOI and tendering systems use in development consulting
5 Remuneration/Tax, Pension, Medical Insurance, Vacation
The MTE will cost the company up to a maximum six month ceiling amount of 1.2m Kshs. From this amount all deductions of withholding tax as required by Kenyan Law will be made. The MTE is liable to pay all Kenyan taxes from the remuneration provided in accordance with Kenyan Law.
The appointment of the MTE is for an initial period of 6months. The likelihood of renewal is presently good but confirmation will depend on the performance of the MTE and FCG Kenya’s performance. The appointment will commence with a 1-3 month trial period after which longer term attachment should not be assumed.
7 Information about the FCG Group and FCG Kenya
Additional information about the nature of the Finnish Consulting Group and its recent and ongoing activities can be found on the FCG’s web site: https://www.fcg.fi/eng/
All applications should be addressed to and sent by email by 3rd February 2020 to: Margaret Nyambura email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
1) One page covering letter (content to be determined by applicant)
2) CV of maximum 4 pages in the filled format provided attached as Annex 1
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Mid-level Technical Expert (MTE)".
The applications will be assessed against the specific criteria detailed in the job advert. Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Please request for CV format from forementioned email address.