Cluster Coordinators (3) in the FORVAC, Tanzania
The Forestry and Value Chains Development (FORVAC) Programme is a 4-year programme implemented under the Forests and Beekeeping Division (FBD) of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT). FORVAC aims to contribute to increased economic, social and environmental benefits from forests and woodlands while reducing deforestation. The expected outcome is “improved forest-based income, livelihoods and environmental benefits”. This outcome will be achieved through the accomplishment of the following:
- Output 1: Improved value chains and increased private sector involvement in community and government forests
- Output 2: Improved capacities, monitoring systems, legal and policy frameworks in the forest sector
Private sector organizations, particularly entrepreneurs engaged in forest and non-forest products harvesting, processing, transport and marketing will have a key role in the implementation of this intervention. The Programme will support the commercialization and improvement of value chains, together with government agencies, the private sector and NGOs, under the Community Based Forest Management regime. Here FORVAC is recruiting three Cluster Coordinators responsible for programme implementation in Tanga (Handeni and Kilindi Districts); Lindi (Liwale, Ruangwa and Nachingwea Districts); and Ruvuma (Namtumbo, Songea and Mbinga Districts) Regions.
Terms of References: FORVAC Cluster coordinators
BSc in Forestry or equivalent in natural resources management. An MSc is considered an additional asset.
Fluency in both spoken and written Swahili and English
· 10 years working experience relevant to the assignment in either the private or NGO sector
· At least 5 years of field experience in the Tanzania forestry sector
· Experience in Value Chain development, ideally with exposure to Markets for Poor (M4P) or comparable
· Proven experience in Community Based Forest Management working with communities, villages, and village level institutions
· Experience working with the Public Sector
· Experience in project cycle management; activity planning, implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
· Experience in office administration and basic financial management (finance planning, receiving funds, payments, record keeping, personnel management)
· Experience in setting up service provision models and PPPs
· Experience in HRBA, pro-poor and participatory consultative processes
· Experience in socio-economic baseline studies and project monitoring
Skills and attributes:
· Mature, dependable and trustworthy with the ability to handle stress and coordinate multiple tasks. Ability to accept criticism and openness for other opinions.
· Ability to drive processes and work with local communities of diverse cultures
· Ability to facilitate planning with communities and local government
· Managerial and analytical skills; ability to prepare project plans, budgets, work plans and guide, supervise and monitor implementation at field level
· Good understanding of rights-based approaches, inclusivity and gender issues
· Developed skills in capacity building and transferring skills to local partners and communities at national and local levels
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Kiswahili)
· Good computer and report writing skills
· Support FORVACs local level implementation and activities; Coordination and cooperation with key partners and stakeholders at local level.
· Provide information and guidance at district, village, and household levels on opportunities, processes and their related benefits including ensuring a focus on vulnerable communities.
· Participate in assessing and selecting potential service providers, developing service delivery models, as well as developing TORs and contractual arrangements.
· Support, guide and monitor service providers in the implementation of approved business plans, budgets and progress reporting (i.e. service delivery to communities).
· Prepare TORs for studies, participate in evaluation of proposals and supervise contracts.
· Initiate and monitor VLUP processes and participate in LUP improvement process.
· Initiate and monitor forest management and harvesting planning and actual field operations.
· Participate in integration of project interventions into: i) FBD, TFS and Local Government operations, ii) village level institutions including such entities as associations and cooperatives.
· Ability to lead and motivate teams from local authority, private sector and village levels to jointly achieve implementation targets.
· Coordinate communication and visibility activities in your region together with district staff
· Any other duties as assigned by the CTA or FME
Duty station: FORVAC Cluster Office
Duration: 41 months
Reporting: Cluster coordinators shall report directly to the Forest Management Expert
FORVAC offers a competitive salary and benefits. The package includes health insurance (4 family members), housing, and relocation support. Interested candidates should apply via email to email@example.com latest by the 6th January 2019, stating in a 1 – 2 page covering letter how they believe they are suited for the position. In their application, candidates must directly respond to the position’s requirements shown in the list and text above. Relevant supporting documents must be attached. Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews are scheduled for mid-January and contract signing / job start for February / March 2019 depending on availability.
How to apply
If you are interested and fulfil the requirements, please send your CV and a brief presentation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org