Senior Team Leader/Programme Manager with a Private Sector/Business Development profile
FCG Sweden is currently looking for a Team Leader for the EU funded project AGRI-CONNECT in Tanzania. This is a full time position from February 2020 for 48 months.
The overall objective of the Programme “Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity” is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors.
The Technical Assistance Team (TAT) will assist primarily the Ministry of Agriculture in mainland, the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural resources, Livestock and Fisheries in Zanzibar, and other relevant national and local institutions and actors along the value chain to improve the sector enablers and business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains, within the framework of the respective agricultural development strategies. In addition, the TAT will provide overall coordination of the Agri-Connect programme components and will lead programme Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning initiatives.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced University Degree in International Development, Economics, Business Management and Finance, Agriculture Economics, or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili considered an asset
General professional experience
- Preferably 15 but a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing similar agricultural development projects of similar size.
Specific professional experience
- Private Sector/Business Development profile
- Expertise in policy and regulatory reforms, institutional capacity building
- Experience in agricultural business development programmes and public-private partnerships
- Experience in the EAC region
- Proven track records of leadership positions with capacity of guiding and supervising multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of principles and working methods of Project Cycle management and EC policies and aid delivery methods
- Thorough knowledge of EDF procedures
How to apply
Please send your tailored CV to email@example.com with the subject Team Leader Agri-Connect.